Sunday 10 March 2013

Transforming

Transformation 

It's a frightening, burgeoning word impregnated with so much possibility it's hard to delineate where the fascinated terror ends and the sublime wonder begins.

Transformation takes so many forms, and yet it really comes down to the simple act of transmuting something that was into something that is . We are, every single moment of every day transforming ourselves. Each breath sends a finely tuned miracle of blood, nutrients, oxygen and impulse through our bodies. What we choose to do with that impulse,now there is the astounding promise and the endless potential!

Whenever I meet someone to discuss possible herbal aids in their journey towards better health, I always include the need for a mantra, a visual, verbal focus for their entire being. Why do I do that? Because thought creates action, and action creates transformation. If there is no focus for the process we simply reflect what we already are. Yet, if we take time to be conscious of ourselves; if we choose to direct our thoughts and our emotions; if we actively choose to take part in our own lives, then the simple, and the amazing begin to enter into our realities. The mantra then, serves as that focus point for our consciousness. It allows us to guide our thoughts actively from "what is" to "what will be". 

The question is, what do you want to be

My current focus is on my health, and on my consumption habits. Both are in reasonable shape, but there is decided room for improvement. I want to be more aware of why I eat what I do, and why I follow certain habits. 

I've realized that I've used coffee to dull my perceptions so I don't feel emotion as sharply as I otherwise would. I've realized that I often make my meal choices based solely on what the people around me want to eat, rather than looking first at what my body is telling me I need. I've realized that while I suggest that people drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day, I'm lucky if I drink one. 

So what am I doing to change those things? 

I'm writing out, and posting close to my mirror, the healthy changes I would like to make. It will read something along the lines of "I nourish my body by drinking abundant amounts of water" and "It is safe for me to feel my emotions. I can handle and process anything I feel in a healthy and safe way".  I'm also choosing to up my water intake, and drop my coffee consumption. With patience and time I will transform myself into a version of myself that is more hydrated and in tune with what I am feeling and thinking. 

So what do YOU want to transform into? Write it out, post it where you will see it, and spend some time each day putting positive energy and intention toward it. Above all, be patient with yourself! This process takes time, but I promise you, the positivity and the power are there for the experiencing!

Love, Light, and just the right amount of Spice to you all,

Tanis

1 comment:

  1. I would not the 8 glasses of water thing is a medical myth. But it certainly doesn't hurt! Curious how coffee dulled your emotions - not doubting, just actually curious about that reaction. I'm in full support of changes thought. Substituting coffee consumption for more water can only be a good thing.

    I'm myself looking to transform my habits. For years I've been focused on one hobby that has, recently, turned out to be taking up way too much of my time. I want to do other things, but the schedule of my primary hobbies has been taking up so much time that I don't have time to do the other things I want to do. I realized it was time to change when I began praying for things to happen to cancel my games so I could have a night to myself!

    Here's to change.

    ReplyDelete